16 March 2012

Book review: The Legend of Rachel Petersen

The Legend of Rachel PetersenThe Legend of Rachel Petersen by J.T. Baroni

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Rachel Petersen's story takes place over many years, hundreds of them. It's the story behind the birth of Rachel's evil legend as a killer and then as a vengeful spirit who terrified the area where she used to live. When her story came to Christian Kane, he diligently wrote it as it happened. Was it fiction? Did he dream it or imagine it?

The author has created a multi-layered tale; each time I figured I figured out the truth, a new layer appeared and I sat to (reveal) read it. Each layer is as fascinating as the one before it. I had fun reading this book. It was an entertaining mix of history, murder, suspense, and horror. The words drew vivid images of the era/s, and the ending was a total surprise.

J.T. Baroni, if you ever read this, here's wishing you all of Christian's success and none of the suffering.





View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Hey Su!
    Thanks for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed my twisted story. Sort of reminds you of The Sixth Sense, right? You never see the ending coming!
    We'll have to keep in touch. Again, thanks for the great review and the fantastic job you did having me as a guest. You are the greatest!
    Regards,
    JT Baroni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I never saw that elusive ending coming. Keep on writing JT, you have some wicked imagination :-)
    And remember, there's always a place for you here on Vivid Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete